Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

The dreaded pip wait

Options
Bellasdream
Bellasdream Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi I'm new. I applied for pip around end of September, had my video call on 15th December, had text yesterday to say they not yet made a decision. I've got fibromyalgia, spondylitis, a benign tumour...fibromyalgia causes me migraines, pain, ibs, anxiety, exhaustion. 
I said in my assessment how I now ask my kids to help me dry my legs, help me dress my lower half, how the smallest of tasks leaves me feeling exhausted, I drive a auto, I've bought aids to help in the kitchen as I can't open cans, tins etc and often kids will cook basic meals. I shop but need to hold onto trolley and it leaves me in pain, I need to take someone with me to carry bags. I did say that I left my job in nhs and now work 1 shift per week and need to medicate to get through that! They asked how my anxiety affects me, can I talk to new people I explained in work yes I have to but I don't go to social events as I feel anxious and judged. Amongst other stuff, I've had bathroom made into walk in shower so I can get in and out but can't dry lower half...have I shot myself in the foot as I've made adjustments to try and ease my struggles.

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    .. I've had bathroom made into walk in shower so I can get in and out but can't dry lower half...have I shot myself in the foot as I've made adjustments to try and ease my struggles.
    No. You are assessed against a normal bath/shower not against the specific characteristics of the home you live in.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.