NEAD. Does anyone suffer with seizures and personality Disorder? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NEAD. Does anyone suffer with seizures and personality Disorder?

Options
amidagirl_51
amidagirl_51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2023 in Mental health and wellbeing
Does anyone suffer with seizures and personality Disorder?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @amidagirl_51 :) Thank you for joining us! 

I don't live with NEAD or a personality disorder, but I hope another member with experience of these conditions will see and respond to your post soon. I could be wrong, but I think that @bluefox has mentioned living with NEAD, so you two might like to connect.

Would you like to tell us a little more about your experience of living with NEAD and a personality disorder?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • bluefox
    bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
    Options
    I do indeed live with NEAD. 

First started November 2020. Diagnosed officially May 2021. And just recently seen a Neuropsychologist about this condition and will continue to have appointments. 
  • amidagirl_51
    amidagirl_51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I've had partial seizures for years and never told anyone I put it down to my mental health and I coped with it. It's when I started having full on convulsions, I seeked help.  Unfortunately apart from giving me a diagnosis I've not been offered anything else.  How often do you have them? 

• bluefox
    bluefox Community member Posts: 636 Pioneering
    Options
    I've had partial seizures for years and never told anyone I put it down to my mental health and I coped with it. It's when I started having full on convulsions, I seeked help.  Unfortunately apart from giving me a diagnosis I've not been offered anything else.  How often do you have them? 

I can have them 2-3 times a week, some weeks none or other times in clusters (especially when stressed). They happen in 7 different ways including loss of consciousness and awareness but also blank staring spells. Other times I go completely rigid, stiff and gasp for air and then ‘come out of it’. 

The most unusual thing was having the seizures conscious. Now that was weird but according to www.neurosymptoms.org it’s a good sign. 

How about yourself?
  • Taliesen
    Taliesen Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    I have suffered with nead for 8 yrs, even cost me a job 5 yr ago, cnt work as dont fall under insurance buffer for epileptics, I can have  up to 30 in one sitting,  I'm on  PIP for it, I have full body convulsions with my seizures along with breath holding. I have cptsd due to childhood abuse for 15 yrs and its a coping mechanism from that I was told when I was diagnosed. Neurology were ones who diagnosed me and then discharged me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.