Lcwra when do you get the first payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra when do you get the first payment?

Options
blondeeex
blondeeex Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been giving in fit notes since September 2022 I had my work capability assessment over the phone on the 28th if December and was awarded the LCWRA 03/01/2023 is there any back pay owed? And do I get extra money on top of my standard allowance now and if so when?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The LCWRA element is an extra £354/month (provided you are not claiming with a partner who is not already getting it). it’s payable for the fourth UC month after you reported the health condition. That’s likely to be January or February 2023 depending on the dates your UC month covers.

The LCWRA status itself is backdated to September and you will have a Work Allowance applied to the claim (you will already have this if you have children on the claim). If you have had any earnings or SSP since then the application of the WA will reduce the earnings deduction which would result in some arrears owed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @blondeeex :) Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope that calcotti's response has helped to clear that up for you?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • tobo87
    tobo87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I was on ESA for years due to brain damage and unfortunately I went to prison for 2 months last year in January so I was changed over to this universal **** system finally after 2 cancelled appointments by them I had my call over the fone today the guy was really not helpful towards my illness and made me feel really uncomfortable, does anybody have any idea what the next steps are I.e timescale etc as I can see me already needing to appeal does why do I have to fight for what I have always been entitled too?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,862 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once the report is returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks. Lots have a decision witting a few weeks when claiming UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.