I've just read today that anyone working part time will be forced to work full time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just read today that anyone working part time will be forced to work full time

Options
150664 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi there I work 15 hours a week earning between 570.00 to 600.00 a month.  I'm on universal credit which I get as a top up and I get pip due to my disability.  I've just read today that universal credits are changing on the 30th January 2023 and anyone working part time will be forced to work full time and there money will be sactioned .. with my disability I wouldn't beable to work full time Heather
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @150664 :) I can imagine that was worrying to read. Do you mind me asking where you read that? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
    Options
    I read it on the open news app
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You have misunderstood what you've read. It's the Administrative Earnings Threshold (AET) that's changing from the end of this month. See link. https://www.uc-advice.co.uk/further-universal-credit-information/conditionality-regime
    However, i note from a previous thread of yours that you've also been found to have LCWRA (see thread) https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/93693/hi-my-name-is-150664-im-receiving-uc-and-lcwra-for-myself#latest This means that you have no work commiments so the AET doesn't apply to you and you can simply ignore it.
    My advice also is to ignore what you read on those media pages because very often they don't know what they are talking about.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Hi @150664 :) 

My understanding is that there are some changes to the work requirements, which could make them more intense. But I don't believe you'll be forced into full time work as such.

Do you currently claim LCW? 

Do you have a work coach? If so, have you spoken to them about this?

• poppy123456
    Options

Do you currently claim LCW? 

Do you have a work coach? If so, have you spoken to them about this?

150664 has already been found to have LCWRA according to their other thread linked above so has no work coach.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Ah, thanks poppy123456 :) I hadn't refreshed the thread before commenting.

Options
    I have lcwra tori . I've not got a work coach now that I can contact since being on lcwra they haven't contacted me 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Yes, that makes sense as you're on LCWRA, not LCW @150664 :) Sorry for the confusion! As poppy123456, this shouldn't affect you. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Ah, thanks poppy123456 :) I hadn't refreshed the thread before commenting.

I thought that was what had happened, thanks Tori, it happens to me too.
    Options
    thank you for help Heather 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Heather?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although changes to the thresholds in January were announced while Truss was PM but I haven't seen anything to say that the regulations needed for a change to take place have been laid. We'll have to see if any more information appears in the next few weeks.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Although changes to the thresholds in January were announced while Truss was PM but I haven't seen anything to say that the regulations needed for a change to take place have been laid. We'll have to see if any more information appears in the next few weeks.
    The regulations to increase the AET from 30th January have now been laid.
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2023/7/made
    AET rises to £618 for an individual and £988 for a couple.

Because it is linked to NMW the AET will increase again in April when NMW rises. I calculate the AET will then be £678 for an individual and £1,084 for a couple.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.