Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Am I eligible for council tax reduction?

Ilove2crochet Community member Posts: 20 Connected
I get PIP enhanced daily and standard mobility. I receive it for severe hearing impairment. I read on my council website that you can apply for council tax reduction on the basis of being disabled but, both my husband and I work F/T so we are not on a low income. It also states if you are in a wheelchair, got a spare bedroom etc.
Can you only get CTR if you are on a low income along with being on other benefits? I know I could ring up and ask them, but just wondering if anyone here has or is in the same situation. Thank you.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,156 Disability Gamechanger
    It maybe possible to get a disabled band reduction. Some information here.
    You will need to check your Local Authorities website for more information and apply through them.
    Anyone can apply for CTR but with both of you working F/T you may not be eligible. Claiming PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to CTR.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.