Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Did anyone else not get a Cold Weather Payment that they are due?

Options
StillIRise
StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering

The DWP postcode checker shows that I was due a Cold Weather Payment for the week from 10th to 16th December.  I’ve not received the payment.  I am on UC and in the LWRAC (limited work or work related capability) group (what used to be called the Support Group for ESA).  I’m definitely in that group as I just confirmed with UC on the phone yesterday and also my UC Statements show I’m in that group.  I’ not employed at all and UC is my sole income, aside from PIP. So, surely that meets the criteria for getting the Cold Weather Payment?

I asked UC why I’d not received the payment and someone got back to me on my journal just saying I should read the DWP link on eligibility.  I duly read the link he provided and all the link did is confirm that yes I am eligible for the Cold Weather Payment. I replied asking them what’s going on and have heard nothing back. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,001 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you claiming UC with a partner that's either employed or self employed?  If not and you're having no joy from UC then i'd advise you to contact your local MP and tell them exactly what's happened. They will hopefully contact UC on your behalf. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • StillIRise
    StillIRise Community member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Options
    Are you claiming UC with a partner that's either employed or self employed?  If not and you're having no joy from UC then i'd advise you to contact your local MP and tell them exactly what's happened. They will hopefully contact UC on your behalf. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

No, no partner.  No employment.  I am 100% eligible.  It looks like I am going to have to contact my MP like you said.  I saw a post from someone else on the forum who is in a similar position and UC were just refusing to really answer her query.  Maybe sometimes they do that.  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with contacting your MP @StillIRise. How are you currently feeling about the idea of contacting your MP? 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you further with this. We are all here for you and listening to you.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.