Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is rottiemum!

Options
rottiemum
rottiemum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I live in Scotland, my ADP app has been with decision makers 4weeks now, has anyone had anything similar
TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,309 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    There's been very little feedback for ADP applications so i can't really answer your question. All you can do really is wait for the decision, hopefully not too much longer. Timescales are only ever a guide and will depend on backlogs, which can delay the process. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @rottiemum and welcome, thanks for reaching out with your query today :) As ADP is so new, we haven't had many Scottish members log on to share their experiences in the way we do with PIP.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you, you'll have to let us know how you get on. 

I did find this information from the Scottish Government website:
    Letting you know the decision
    Social Security Scotland will send you a letter with the decision. This letter is called a notice of determination.
    Social Security Scotland aim to make a decision after:
    • getting your completed application
    • consultation has taken place (only if you were asked to take part in one)
    • getting any more information they need
    If you have a terminal illness, Social Security Scotland will aim to make a decision as quickly as possible, in around 7 working days. 
    Social Security Scotland is learning from stakeholders how to:
    • meet this aim
    • gather the information needed from health professionals
    As Adult Disability Payment is a new service, some processes may take longer. Processing applications can also take longer because of high demand.
    How was your consultation, if you had one? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.