Won appeal from LCW TO LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal from LCW TO LCWRA

Options
rr9127
rr9127 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I won my appeal today I handed my first fit note in November 2021 and was awarded LCW in August 2022 I did mandatory reconsideration then went to appeal and won it today will I get back dated from 3 full assesment periods from my first fit note and if so how long does it usually take from winning appeal to recieve the back date 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,852 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes the extra money will be paid from the 4th month after you first reported your health condition supported by a fit note within 7 days of that.

It can take about 8 weeks to pay any money owed and about the same time to put your award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rr9127
    Options
    Yes the extra money will be paid from the 4th month after you first reported your health condition supported by a fit note within 7 days of that.

It can take about 8 weeks to pay any money owed and about the same time to put your award into payment.
    Thank you for the fast response 
  • rr9127
    Options
    Hi just another thing when I was placed in the LCW group it states on the letter that I don't have to hand anymore fit notes so I didn't then I won my appeal for LCWRA will this affect my back payment I handed my fit notes in up until I recieved the LCW decision 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, it won’t affect it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rr9127
    Options
    No, it won’t affect it. 
    Thank you 
  • rr9127
    Options
    Sorry for all the questions I have a water debt that has been transferred to be took out of my universal credit do you think they will take some of my back date to pay it off I'm currently going through the application for a debt relief order if they say they are paying the water debt I'll just tell them about the debt relief order 
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

I was just enquiring about when my 1st LCWRA  payment will be?

I was awarded LCWRA on 9th January  &  my UC payment is Feb 3rd. 

Will the LCWRA payment be included that day?

I know that any back payment takes longer.

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MadCow1 said:
    Hi,

I was just enquiring about when my 1st LCWRA  payment will be?

I was awarded LCWRA on 9th January  &  my UC payment is Feb 3rd. 

Will the LCWRA payment be included that day?

I know that any back payment takes longer.

Thanks 

As advised on your other thread here, the LCWRA starts from Sept/Oct assessment period and your first payment would be Oct 2022. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/94410/when-does-the-uc-assessment-period-start/p1 although in that thread the advice was 2nd Oct, if your payment date is 3rd of each month then your first payment will be 3rd Oct.

Money owed will be paid separately, to your usually monthly payment and can take quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. Your statements will need to be recalculated to work out how much is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe. It will then be paid into your bank.

The LCWRA element should be included in your monthly amount going forward.

• MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456,

Thanks for your reply.

I completely forgot that I had already asked this, until you reminded me.

I have had that much going on & my brain fog doesn't help.

Thanks again.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MadCow1 said:
    Hi @poppy123456,

Thanks for your reply.

I completely forgot that I had already asked this, until you reminded me.

I have had that much going on & my brain fog doesn't help.

Thanks again.

It's not a problem, happy to help.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,751 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This has made my day congratulations for winning 
  • rr9127
    Options

Sorry for all the questions I have a water debt that has been transferred to be took out of my universal credit do you think they will take some of my back date to pay it off I'm currently going through the application for a debt relief order if they say they are paying the water debt I'll just tell them about the debt relief order

• poppy123456
    Options
    rr9127 said:

Yes DWP can take any money you owe for a debt from any money they owe you.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    rr9127 said:

Yes DWP can take any money you owe for a debt from any money they owe you.
    I’m not sure that applies for a third part debt such as a water bill.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rr9127
    Options
    I've just recieved an email off dwp to accept my commitments before they can pay any money to me does this mean its not long now 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    rr9127 said:
    I've just recieved an email off dwp to accept my commitments before they can pay any money to me does this mean its not long now 

They need to recalculate your past statements first to work out exactly how much is owed, against what they've already paid you. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will then be paid into your bank.

You may want to take screenshots of your existing statements because they will be replaced with the new ones.
  • rr9127
    Options
    rr9127 said:

They need to recalculate your past statements first to work out exactly how much is owed, against what they've already paid you. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will then be paid into your bank.

You may want to take screenshots of your existing statements because they will be replaced with the new ones.
    Thank you poppy I've just downloaded all statements from the date I reported my first fit note 
  • rr9127
    Options
    Hi I've just recieved my back payment so a 1 week from winning my appeal so it was pretty fast but I think they have paid a month short as my assesment period is 10th-11th each month and they have paid me from the 11th march to January 10th but they haven't amended March statement am I right in thinking I should of been paid for this assesment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What date did you first report your health condition/sent your first fit note?
  • rr9127
    Options
    rr9127 said:
    Hi I've just recieved my back payment so a 1 week from winning my appeal so it was pretty fast but I think they have paid a month short as my assesment period is 10th-11th each month and they have paid me from the 11th march to January 10th but they haven't amended March statement am I right in thinking I should of been paid for this assesment 
    Sorry my assesment period is 11th-10th

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.