endless mattress — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

endless mattress

Options
michelle7729
michelle7729 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
looking for that indestructable mattress that will last forever and cant be picked apart by my son ...
this will be his 4th in a little over a year ...
i think he needs one that looks very similar to a crash mat ??
my boy is a sensory seeker and he will pick at anything if it has a loose thread in sight .
he has severe learning dissabilities,brain damage,severe autism and adhd.
if theres any help out there id be ever so thankful.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After doing a quick google search i found something called waterproof mattresses. The mattress itself is completely covered with a vinyl fabric making them perfect for Autistic children so they can't pick at anything and not just for those who wet the bed. Unfortuately i can't put links to paid products because scope do not allow this.

It's easy to find just google search waterproof beds (Strettons uphostory) The mattress can be purchased separately to the bed base.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just want to add a warm welcome @michelle7729. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.