I want a new boyfriend. I've tried online dating and in real life, but haven't been able to get one. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want a new boyfriend. I've tried online dating and in real life, but haven't been able to get one.

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
The deal breakers for me are loud, overconfident, not understanding what others are saying, too old, immature, stupid, not communicating well, and very tall men. I dislike when some men play mind games, ghost, and don't confirm right away. Or change the meetup to a different time or date since they couldn't make it because it was on their birthday. Happen twice. There are two types of online dating profiles. Other than that, I have been trying out a few dating apps and trying out some disability dating sites again. Not sure if it took a long time to change the date and time. Unlike when I get the chance to meet up. Could you please suggest any other suggestions? Hasn't had any luck with real-world dating. It's over hearing about guys who already have girlfriends. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if it hasn't been my time yet.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Splatmate24

The dating world is hard to navigate so try not to be too hard on yourself. You aren't doing anything wrong.

It's good that you've recognised what you don't want in a romantic partner. But how about trying a change of tack, and focusing on the traits you do want and value - someone with similar interests? same sense of humour? By focusing on a person's qualities you might find it less frustrating. 

Also, if plans change, try not to get too annoyed. It's easier to 'go with things' than against them and I'm sure you'll know when to stop contacting someone if it becomes a repeat pattern.

Did you try The Outsiders Club recommended to you? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Splatmate24
    Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
    Options
    @Cher_Scope
    I would like try but Im not sure about how long do I have wait since is also sent application form to them and on dating site that i didn't get success with a site called love2meetu .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.