Awarded pip. Do we have to let uc know, she's still at school — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded pip. Do we have to let uc know, she's still at school

Options
martyd85
martyd85 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
My 16 year old daughter was awarded high rate care and standard mobility pip, do we have to let uc know, she’s still at school

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you should, do a change of circumstances under ‘children’ and update with the new PIP award. As she has been awarded the Enhanced rate an extra element of £414.88 will be applied to your award. You (or your partner, if you have one), will also be able to claim the Carer’s Element of £168.81 too (unless you are receiving LCWRA). To add the Carer’s Element do a change of circumstances and when it asks when you started caring you should write the date PIP was awarded from.

Once completed, leave a message on your journal under ‘payments’ and kindly ask a Case Manager to consider backdating to the date of the PIP award as the award has only just been made. 
  • martyd85
    martyd85 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Hi thanks for the reply I done thy my wife claims care element for me as I receive lcwra
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,852 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As your wife already claims carers element for you then she won’t be able to claim it for your daughter. 
    As you’ve been found to have LCWRA then you won’t be able to claim carers element for your daughter because the same person can’t claim both elements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.