LCWRA & UC payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA & UC payments

Options
bethany7811
bethany7811 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi again sorry for another post but I just need clarification. So I am wanting to move out with my partner. I am currently on UC & PIP, and have recently been assessed as LCWRA. I have recently found out that my LCWRA payment won’t start until April. My partner works full time & is on £1400 per month. I have done a benefits calculator to find out that I would receive around £618 in UC once my LCWRA payment starts. I have also done one without the LCWRA element where I would receive around £34. If I were to move out with my partner now (presumably receiving the £34 + PIP), in April when my LCWRA payment starts would that be automatically added onto my claim and from April I would start receiving the £618? Or would that not be the case? Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,852 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA will automatically be included in your statement from April. 
    You will also have the work allowance on your claim which means a certain amount of earnings each month will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. The work allowance will apply for you from the assessment period in which the decision was made. 

If you claim for help with the rent the work allowance will be £344, if you don’t it will be £573.

If your PIP includes the daily living part and your partner looks after you for at least 35 hours per week they can claim carers element. This will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. Providing no one else claims either this or carers allowance for looking after you at the moment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bethany7811
    bethany7811 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    The LCWRA will automatically be included in your statement from April. 
    You will also have the work allowance on your claim which means a certain amount of earnings each month will be ignored before the 55% deductions apply. The work allowance will apply for you from the assessment period in which the decision was made. 

If you claim for help with the rent the work allowance will be £344, if you don’t it will be £573.

If your PIP includes the daily living part and your partner looks after you for at least 35 hours per week they can claim carers element. This will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. Providing no one else claims either this or carers allowance for looking after you at the moment. 
    Right okay, so even though I won’t get my payment until April will the amount ignored each month before April still be the same? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,852 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The work allowance applies from the assessment period in which the decision was made (because you didn't continue to send the fit notes) had you continued to send the fit notes it would have been from when you first reported your health condition.
    Though that's a moot point anyway if you're not claiming with your partner yet and you have no earnings yourself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.