It's National Winnie The Pooh Day!

Options
Hannah_Alumni
Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,908 Championing
edited January 2023 in Coffee lounge

I feel a lot of my comments and posts start with “I was browsing through TikTok…” I have come to realise I spend too much time on that app. However, I came across a young couple with their children visiting Pooh’s Corner in Hartfield. Ashwood Forest in Hartfield is where the magical “100 Acre Wood’s” is supposed to be. It reminded me that 18th of January 2023, is national Winnie the Pooh day.

Winnie the Pooh is a character created by A. A. Milne, and a childhood favourite for many. As a huge Disney fan, I wanted to mark this day with some of the lovely, positive and inspirational quotes that you would come across when reading a Winnie the Pooh book or watching a Winnie the Pooh movie.

• “Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?’ ‘Supposing it didn’t,’ said Pooh after careful thought. Piglet was comforted by this.” - The House at Pooh Corner by A.A Milne.
  • “There is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” - The House at Pooh Corner by A.A Milne.
  • “The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.” - Piglet, Welcome to Pooh Corner (1984).
  • “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” - Christopher Robin Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997).
  • “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” - Eeyore, Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne.
  • “Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. “Pooh?” he whispered. “Yes, Piglet?” “Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s hand. “I just wanted to be sure of you.” - The House at Pooh Corner by A.A Milne.
  • “Some people care too much. I think it's called love.” - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh.
  • “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh.

During times like this, I think we always need that little reminder.

• What is your favourite quote from Winnie the Pooh? 
  • Which of the characters is your favourite?

Comments

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Championing
    Options
    i think pooh bear himself is my favourite, closely followed by Eeyore, don't have any quotes, but it is a lovely series of books and films, very heart  warming
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I always loved Roo growing up but since watching the films in my adult years and understanding the quotes more, "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think..." is definitely a quote that sticks with me :)<3
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,537 Championing
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I like that quote too @Hannah_Scope 🙂
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    I'm a fan too I have lots of soft toys of winnie , eyore , tigger and roo 

Roo is my favourite but I have winnie and eyore tattoo on my arm 

Lots of stuff from Disney land florida and Paris I used to be obsessed 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    It's on my list, to go to Disneyland Florida or Paris <3 

That's cool, do you have any other tattoos? 

I have a Kanga and Roo soft toy from when I was a child, somewhere in the loft! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope yes I have thumper and 2 dolphin tattoos 

Disney land is a must especially florida no matter how old you are it's magical 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Awww I love Thumper too!! 

I am a big kid at heart so I know I'd love it :)
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 11,210 Championing
    Options
    Oh cool thanks for the fun fact 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    Options
    Do you have any fun facts you would like to share with us @durhamjaide2001:)
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    Do you have any fun facts you would like to share with us @durhamjaide2001:)
    I'm not a big fan of Disney. Although I have Disney merch and I have been to Walt Disney World and a Disney Cruise Staycation.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Lucky you @durhamjaide2001! I wish I had been to those places  :p What merch do you have - just out of curiosity?  :)
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    I have T-shirt 
    Hoodies 
    Bags 
    Postcards 
    Caps