Hi, my name is daws800! LCWRA Tribunal, first one ignored? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is daws800! LCWRA Tribunal, first one ignored?

Options
daws800
daws800 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone .  My name is Thomas and iam new member i have a question regarding tribunal hearing with DWP . (LWCRA) In the first hearing the judge after questioning DWP in court the jugde gets a verbal acknowledgement from the DWP that i had in fact reported an illness which prevented me from working .. after hearing that the judge stopped the hearing , ordered DWP to send the evidence gave them 2weeks to send the information .  It was explained to us that no further evidence to be provided and no involvement from either party .. it was being sent to an 01tickeked jugdge to get something signed so that the DWP could challenge there desion..  so we get to the second hearing and it seemed like we was back to square one with the judge asking question regarding dates ..  the Dwp for a third  have failed to send the relevant document . And not bothering to turn up in court 2 ..  what i dont understand is why court 2 have ignored everything that was said in court 1. Even giving the DWP a further chance to provide evidence .  If the decision was made in court 1 why would they offer the dwp another chance. Is that normal practise im so confused .  

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @daws800 and thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to here how confused you're feeling. I don't know the ins and outs, so I wonder if the DWP have appealed the decision? 

I've edited the title of your post so it's a little easier for our members to find, and hopefully they can share their thoughts with you soon. 

Let us know if we can help further and we'll assist where we can!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.