How can I proceed a bit slower, but not rush any further after meeting someone via Facebook dating? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I proceed a bit slower, but not rush any further after meeting someone via Facebook dating?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
Yes, I met up with one of the guys I met through Facebook dating. We talked about trains and some animals. He was the first person to let me know he couldn't make the meeting on 17 January but rearranged it for 15 January. He got there before me. I was a bit late and I did tell him. Texting on my phone. That was last Sunday. What do you think about this? Either a good sign or not? I enjoyed my time. by the way he is single since I asked him while texting. Would you like to take it a bit slower this time? When I rushed into relationships, they didn't work out, but some guys became toxic and others were ex-boyfriends. I'm a bit interested in the guy that we met at mark &spencer spencers. This is why i don't like talking to a group of people. Possibly there will be more drama than there was in previous friendships and relationships. That's what I've experienced with some guys and girls. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like your first date went well @Splatmate24 :) Taking things slow can be a good thing, and having open communication is important. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think that he wanted to rearrange it and kept open that communication is a good sign :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope . I'm not sure what is keeping open and did arrange the date and time before the first date but not sure after . has sometimes be texting quickly others times not . that how most of some of my experience with previous ex boyfriends  . i would like honest open communication so far I'm didn't get that with some previous guys or ex boyfriends . I'm not sure what i'm looking for . the guy that I'm texting also has a learning disability that is  Asperger's and he did   Attention to detail when i did toke the break from Facebook dating . that i match more then once with  same guy on Facebook .

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It sounds like you are not sure what you are looking for and that is only exacerbated by sometimes receiving texts quickly and other times not.

Am I hearing this right @Splatmate24? Please feel free to clarify if not or if I'm missing something. 

The fact he has paid attention to detail sounds positive. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you though  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer he said he was very busy and  looking for respectful ,docent,open minded,honest and  have common interested and guy that is willing to put the time in . also has been texting another guy from different dating apps but made by same apps of badoo . I'm only allow to date men with a learning disability .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why are you only allowed to date men with a learning disability @Splatmate24, says who? I think it's really positive that you know what you are looking for  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer is my mum that made so i can only date learning disability men but i couldn't date or be in relationship . i has some bad experience with some people with learning disability . just  me but she never going to change here . i have try to talk about why i can't date men without learning disability . just come with abusing ,verbal abuse and other inappropriate contract that she say . is also happen in a mainstream college i think that why i can't date men without a learning disability .
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I completely hear how your experiences have helped shape your perception @Splatmate24. It is really important that your views feel listened to and you feel heard  <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.