If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip assessment report

Options
kels121
kels121 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I'm new here

Comments

• kels121
    Options
    Just looking for some advise plz ,I just got back copy of my assessment report all seems good,except one thing I'm unable to plan a journey ,I hardly leave the house only by taxi to hospital appointments which is what the assessor wrote ,and I can only go somewhere I don't know if someone's with me who knows where they are going.
    Yet on the last pages on question planning a journey she has ticked I can plan a journey which contradicts what she wrote .but also I'm confused as she hasn't wrote in the review time box.she has wrote underneath stating my conditions will not likely improve? Any advise please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can always contact PIP to put your thoughts across about the report and contradiction in that part. You can also request a decision maker to ring you before a decision is made. Whether they will is another matter.

Remember the report is a recommendation only. Whilst they do mostly go with it, it has been known for them to go against it.

Once the decision is made if you’re not happy you can challenge that by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kels121
    Options
    Thank you I will call them in the morning as I'm only 2 points from getting it as well x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Is there any recommendation for a daily living award? Or do you mean you're only 2 points off a daily living award?

Are you aware that the daily living and mobility are added separately?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kels121
    Options
    Hi yes I need 2 more points for daily living and I score 14 on mobility x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kels121 said:
    Hi yes I need 2 more points for daily living and I score 14 on mobility x

Then i don't understand the reason for your question because following and planning a journey is related to mobility and not daily living.

Were the recommended points scored in moving aroound part of mobility too? 14 points tells me it's not just planning and following a journey you scored points in. Unless you're confusing mobility with daily living.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can use the PIP self test here to add up any potiental points. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form just transfer the dots from the report into the test. At the end it will add up any points.

• kels121
    Options
    Thank you I did this got 6 daily and 14 on mobility but if the assessor gave me the extra 2 points I would get daily living but she said she considered it but gave me no points on the planning a journey part instead but contridiced herself 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    But planning a journey won't score you any points for daily living. Therefore it will make no difference to any potential mobility award.
    Where exactly were the points recommended on the mobility part?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kels121 said:
    Thank you I did this got 6 daily and 14 on mobility but if the assessor gave me the extra 2 points I would get daily living but she said she considered it but gave me no points on the planning a journey part instead but contridiced herself 
    But if you get 2 points on planning a journey that is part of Mobility and will make no difference to your point score for Daily Living. As poppy says, you can't have 14 points for Mobility if no points are awarded for planning a journey.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would just like to add a warm welcome @kels121. It is great to see you have joined us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kels121
    Options
    I've been awarded pip,was wondering as I'm on u c can I get the disability premium added on now if I call them my husband recieves it x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kels121 said:
    I've been awarded pip,was wondering as I'm on u c can I get the disability premium added on now if I call them my husband recieves it x
    There’s no disability premiums payable when claiming UC. 
    If your PIP includes the daily living part and your husband looks after you for at least 35 hours per week then he can claim carers element of UC, providing he doesn’t claim the LCWRA element for himself.
    I don’t know what you mean by “my husband receives it” what does he receive? 
  • kels121
    Options
    My husband gets extra money on UC for disabilities 
  • calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    kels121 said:
    He may get LCWRA element. That is not a disability premium, the term is not used for UC.

If he gets LCWRA payment then you cannot get it for yourself even if found to have LCWRA (which has nothing to do with PIP) because a couple cannot get two LCWRA elements (I assume you are living together).

Have you ever had a Work Capability Assessment yourself?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kels121 said:
    If that’s the LCWRA element then he won’t be able to claim carers element at the same time. 
  • kels121
    Options
    Ok thank you x
  • kels121
    Options
    Thank you,I'm a carer for my disabled child so I can't claim carers for him and he can't claim for me either as he's to sick to claim to look after anyone 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you're already claiming carers element and your husband already claims LCWRA element then it seems like you're claiming your maximum UC entitlement. 
  • calcotti
    Options
    kels121 said:
    Thank you,I'm a carer for my disabled child so I can't claim carers for him and he can't claim for me either as he's to sick to claim to look after anyone 
    Just to be clear - When you say you are a carer, are you getting the carer element of UC?
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.