Pip assesment. Do I need to tell PIP that I am attending work?

JonesK94
JonesK94 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I reported change in my healt condition and they told me I will have a new assesment. My condition is worse as before so I am not afraid. Only thing what was change is about my work. I go to work 1-2 per week, but it is very hard for me. I do not wanna work but I have to because they can discharge me. Do I need to tell PIP that I am attending work? I am afraid they will think I am able to go so I am OK. Thank you for advice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    PIP has nothing to do with your ability to work. People claim PIP and work. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Welcome to the community @jonesk94 :) Thank you for joining us! 

As poppy123456 has said, PIP isn't about your ability to work, so I wouldn't worry too much. Does the work you do contradict the reasons for which you claim PIP?
    I do not wanna work but I have to because they can discharge me
    Do you mind me asking what you mean by this?
  • JonesK94
    edited January 2023
    Thank you. I have depression, anxiety and PTSD. Maybe is it contradict, but it is challenging for me to be in work for a whole day, sometimes I go earlier if is possible.
  • _Luna_
    _Luna_ Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    I work and that’s what put me off applying for PIP initially as I thought they’d see that as me not being affected by my health conditions. However, they took into consideration the reasonable adjustments that my employer makes for me, how my conditions affect me in and out of work and awarded me PIP. Hope that helps.
  • JonesK94
    Welcome to the community @jonesk94 :) Thank you for joining us! 

As poppy123456 has said, PIP isn't about your ability to work, so I wouldn't worry too much. Does the work you do contradict the reasons for which you claim PIP?
    I do not wanna work but I have to because they can discharge me
    Do you mind me asking what you mean by this?

Thank you. I have depression, anxiety and PTSD. Maybe is it contradict, but it is challenging for me to be in work for a whole day, sometimes I go earlier if is possible.
  • JonesK94
    _Luna_ said:
    I work and that’s what put me off applying for PIP initially as I thought they’d see that as me not being affected by my health conditions. However, they took into consideration the reasonable adjustments that my employer makes for me, how my conditions affect me in and out of work and awarded me PIP. Hope that helps.
    Thank you for advice.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you @JonesK94. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
  • JonesK94
    Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you @JonesK94. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Ok, thank you. :)