If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

What TV programs do you enjoy watching ?

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,791 Pioneering
I enjoy watching "Our flag means death" - which is a new series on BBC2 at 10pm on Wednesdays........... If you enjoy humour, give it a try.
"Death in Paradise" and "The Repair shop"
Apart from that, I watch anything to do with Arts and Crafts, motors and exploration

I can't stand reality programs - like "The only way is......"

Comments

• sunflower2
    sunflower2 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    At the moment I am loving his dark materials on bbc1 as I read the books as a kid and I love seeing it all come to life they have done so well at adapting it for TV , I love it. 

I also love Vera I love detective shows. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Death in Paradise for me too, something bright to look forward too on long dark January nights.  Although it clashes with the new QI at the moment!

I recently saw The Goldbergs for the first time...turns out it's been on for 10 years lol.

Apart from that, still watching lots of Big Bang Theory.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't really watch TV much. But if we include watching shows online I like watching Top Gear or other car shows. I also like any comedy that is non-political or non-agenda-d, which of course excludes the majority.

The last time I watched proper TV though, was the Queen's funeral, and before that was over a year!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like crime dramas 

Happy Valley at moment 
    Apprentice 
    Call midwife 

Cooking shows like masterchef and bake off 

Also watch emmerdale and corrie 
  • Wibbles
    Options
    I weaned myself off EASTENDERS, 3 years ago after having watched it for 30+ years and haven't missed it at all
  • Wibbles
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I don't really watch TV much. But if we include watching shows online I like watching Top Gear or other car shows. I also like any comedy that is non-political or non-agenda-d, which of course excludes the majority.

The last time I watched proper TV though, was the Queen's funeral, and before that was over a year!

Bring back Clarkson, Hammond and May - its no good without them
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Love Death in Paradise, also love Vera and Call The Midwife that were mentioned.

I like Saturday Night TV; like The Masked Singer and Michael McIntyre's Big Show. I think they can be funny and after working in the week it's nice to 'veg' on the sofa and not need to use too much of my brain :D

Other series I follow tend to be American Crime shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law & Order: SVU.... etc.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    At the moment, i’m enjoying the new season of Call the midwife and Dragons den. I also restarted the Walking Dead. 
    I also enjoyed watching Then Barbara Met Alan on Netflix the other night, although, that isn’t a programme. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wibbles said:
    66Mustang said:

Bring back Clarkson, Hammond and May - its no good without them
    He he I loved those three
  • sunflower2
    sunflower2 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    Love Death in Paradise, also love Vera and Call The Midwife that were mentioned.

I like Saturday Night TV; like The Masked Singer and Michael McIntyre's Big Show. I think they can be funny and after working in the week it's nice to 'veg' on the sofa and not need to use too much of my brain :D

Other series I follow tend to be American Crime shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law & Order: SVU.... etc.
    I love Micheal mclntyre  he's so funny and really cheers me up. 

I'm obsessed with the masked singer so far I got 2 right I knew ghost was Chris kamara and I got mouse and cat right as Martin and Shirley kemp. 

Rhino is my fave this season I love his voice I'm convinced he's Charlie Simpson I grew up on busted so I'm certain it's him. 

• Wibbles
    Options

I love Micheal mclntyre  he's so funny and really cheers me up. 

I'm obsessed with the masked singer so far I got 2 right I knew ghost was Chris kamara and I got mouse and cat right as Martin and Shirley kemp. 

Rhino is my fave this season I love his voice I'm convinced he's Charlie Simpson I grew up on busted so I'm certain it's him. 

I thought that Ghost was Elvis Presley - but I was wrong

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I stopped watching Eastenders around the start of the pandemic.  (Think they changed the time or day or something?)  Watched the Xmas episode this year though, good to see many of the main characters are still there.  Must admit, it didn't make me want to watch regularly again.

Can't believe I missed it from my post yesterday but I've really got into the new Waterloo Road series this month.  Thought I might be a bit old for it this time as it's been off air for 8 years but it's still as engaging and entertaining as I remember!  Also dealing with several major issues of the current world situation.

For a lighter school setting, the sitcom Bad Education has also returned after a few years away.  Thought that may have been 'watered down' a bit for todays audience, but again really pleased to see it's still as much of a laugh as it was a decade ago!

I've also been re-watching 'As Time Goes By' - nice gentle early 00's sitcom without any triggers.
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 287 Pioneering
    Options
    I really enjoyed Stranger Things on Netflix, but then I was an 80's kid! 😂 
    Didn't see the final series of The Walking Dead but saw it all the way through up until then. 
    (I must catch up with it) 

I enjoy gardening programmes and especially if Monty Don is in it! and I try and make a point of watching the 'Spring' 'Autumn' (and currently) the 'Winterwatch' series if I can.. 
    I take great pleasure from drinking a cup of tea and watching Chris Packham and Michaela Strachan present the show together, their enthusiasm for wildlife is infectious.. for me, it's just feel good TV.. 🦉🦇🦌

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.