If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Completed my Mental Health First Aid and Advocacy course yesterday

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
I started the course on Tuesday and we had all of the classroom based work done by either yesterday or Wednesday. I had completed 2 lots of the questions and answers work books in the classroom and I did the last one yesterday and sent the photos of the pages to the tutor. The lady tutor we had said that we would get our certificates in the post in 6-8 weeks due to the postal strikes. 

Comments

• BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    @Teddybear12 the course has finished now. I've just got to wait for my certificate to arrive in the post. The training provider said that it would normally take 4 to 6 weeks for the certificate to arrive in the post, but due to the postal strikes it will probably be more like 6 to 8 weeks. 
  • Starlingbird
    Starlingbird Community member Posts: 169 Pioneering
    Options
    Well done @BrianMcFaddenfan07! Getting a certificate give a great sense of achievement too. Well done again!
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's fantastic @BrianMcFaddenfan07 :) 

Well done! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,828 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations how was the course? Did you do it in the classroom or was it a virtual classroom? 
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 it was in a classroom in the building where I go and see my key worker and the health and wellbeing coach.
    I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it at first tbh, but once we started I enjoyed it.
    We ended up having 2 different female tutors. The first lady tutor was late due to traffic as she'd travelled all the way from Southport to my home town Warrington, Cheshire.
    The second lady came from Oldham I think she said. 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,828 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @durhamjaide2001 it was in a classroom in the building where I go and see my key worker and the health and wellbeing coach.
    I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it at first tbh, but once we started I enjoyed it.
    We ended up having 2 different female tutors. The first lady tutor was late due to traffic as she'd travelled all the way from Southport to my home town Warrington, Cheshire.
    The second lady came from Oldham I think she said. 
    I'm glad you enjoyed it 
  • mohsinrasheed
    mohsinrasheed Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Congratulations on completing your Mental Health First Aid and Advocacy course! It's great to hear that you are taking steps to improve your knowledge and skills in mental health support.

Mental health first aid is an important skill that can help you provide initial support to someone who may be experiencing a mental health crisis or struggling with their mental health. With this training, you'll have the tools and knowledge to help identify the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, and be able to provide appropriate support, reassurance, and referral to professional help when needed.

Advocacy skills are also crucial in mental health support, as they can help you to advocate for the rights and needs of individuals with mental health conditions. You may be able to use your advocacy skills to help connect individuals with the resources and services they need to manage their mental health effectively, or to advocate for policy changes that improve access to mental health care and support.

Overall, your completion of this course is a great achievement and will enable you to provide better support to those in need of mental health assistance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.