Backdated lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated lcwra

Options
phil92
phil92 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi 
Wondering if anyone knows how much I can expect and how long it takes to be paid my backpay from lcwra? 
My assessment period is from 14th-13th of every month. Yesterday being the 20th of January 2023 I had a message on my journal, however could not open the file so I rang up and was told I had been placed in the lcwra group and that I would receive backdated money. I have handed in sicknotes consistently since 20th of may 2022 and was told over the phone from then. I'm I right in thinking I should be backdated from September? 
Appreciate the help guys

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the 20th May 2022 was the date you also reported your health condition then your waiting period will be June to Sept.. LCWRA starts from assessment period Sept 14th to Oct 13th and first payment will be 20th Oct.

If you reported your health condition at at the start of the May/June assessment period (14th May) then your first payment will be Sept 20th.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • phil92
    Options
    Hi poppy 
    Thank you for your help. I originally put my first fit note in on the 12/04/22 but it ended on the 9/5/22 and I have consistently reported my fit notes from the 20/05/22 up untill present without any delay. So I think your right about October. He did say over the phone from the month of may. Do you know a time frame in which I will receive the money? Thanks again phil
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It often takes quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. First they have to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you've been paid against what you should have been paid. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will then be paid into your bank.

Once the statements are recalculated they will replace your old ones so you may want to take copies of your exisiting ones.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • phil92
    Options
    I've taken screenshots now. Thank you for your help poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.