Hi, I'ms antoniaG! I've been awarded LCWRA. How much will I be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'ms antoniaG! I've been awarded LCWRA. How much will I be backdated?

Options
antoniaG
antoniaG Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’m looking for some advice as LCWRA is still very confusing. 

I submitted a fit note on the 10/06/22 for 1 month then submitted another on the 10/07/22 for 6 months. 

I filled out my LCWRA form and sent it off end of August/September. 

Had my assessment on the 17th January got my decision ( not fit for work or work related activity ) via journal message on the 19th January. 

Was just wondering how much my back pay would be? And how long it takes to receive a letter explaining all this?

thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whats the dates of your assessment periods? Or what date do you usually received your payment each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @antoniaG and a warm welcome to our online community. How are you keeping?

UC can be very confusing so I'm glad you reached out for clarification. Please do let us know that bit of additional information, as requested by Poppy, and we'll endeavour to help all we can.

For your information, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title to reflect your question and help others find it more easily.

Take care and have a nice Sunday!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • antoniaG
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a great day!

so, I get paid on the 25th of every month and my assessment dates are from the 19th-18th if that makes sense. 

I’m new to all this and everything online is just very confusing they don’t give you a straight answer. 

Thank you for all your help from both of you I really appreciate it. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Your waiting period will be June to Sept... LCWRA starts from assesment period Sept 19th to Oct 18th and the first LCWRA payment would be 25th Oct. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

This advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already claims the LCWRA element on your claim.

It often takes a few weeks to pay what is owe. Once your statements have been recalculated you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will be paid into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • antoniaG
    Options
    Good morning @poppy123456
    So that would mean 4 month back pay of £354.28 per month (£1417.12)?

a few weeks meaning anything from now until end of February basically?

sorry for sounding stupid asking simple questions. I’m just new to the whole process and it’s all very confusing UC don’t exactly tell you anything. 

Hope you’re having a great Monday and I hope your well x

• poppy123456
    Options
    antoniaG said:
    Good morning @poppy123456
    So that would mean 4 month back pay of £354.28 per month (£1417.12)?

It's 4 months up to this months payment. Your past statements will be recalculated to work out exactly how much you've been paid and how much you should have been paid. You will then be owed the difference between the 2. Sometimes they do it quickly and other times not as quick. If you don't hear anything within a couple of weeks put a message on your journal under the payment section.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.