Finding the fight when your too low, how? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding the fight when your too low, how?

Options
De38
De38 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi.

Its all I can do to write this, my mental energy levels are an all-time low and I know I need to do something to pull me out but its so hard. 

I also find it hard to trust and say what I feel right now, but I feel humans have shown me that there is too much bad in people, society, and even more so the trust from authorities and those who I used to trust who suppose to be "professionals".  I guess as I got older I saw the reality of things, and the things I used to hold onto to keep some hope has slowly vanished out of sight.

My incentive and spark is so low all I want to do is sleep.  I find it hard to even put together a reply to my partner, it feels like too much effort, its like nothing matters anymore and the best place I can be is asleep.  My body is matching my mental faculties by having low energy and wanting to sleep too.

Im trying to do what I can, but life don't care, the universe doesn't care one bit about trying, whether I do enough or not.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @De38 How are you this morning? Have you been resting some more?

I'm sorry things aren't great for you right now. It sounds like you are feeling very fatigued and your body is telling you to take it easy. Are you managing to eat and drink ok? Also, is this something you've spoken with your GP about? I appreciate it's really hard to get an appointment for many of us, but I think it would be beneficial to share how you're doing with them, incase it's something medical contributing to your lethargy and low mood too. 

Does your partner know how you're feeling? And, do you have friends or family around who you could speak to? This time of year isn't the best for perking us up, so do know you aren't alone in feeling wobbly and off it, and should you ever need anyone to speak to, we're about.

I wondered if your distrust of those in authority and any underlying experiences might be playing on your mind and causing some rumination too? I understand it isn't easy to do when feeling depleted, but should there be anything distressing behind this, then please reach out to either us, or someone you trust to offload some of that emotional weight you're carrying. 

Please keep us updated with how you're doing and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.