Does my son being awarded DLA impact my ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does my son being awarded DLA impact my ESA?

Options
Staceybaby123
Staceybaby123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I've just been awarded highest rate dla for my son.
I was receiving esa for myself. I'm just wondering does that effect my benefit now that my son receives dla.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,707 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Your ESA is for yourself and not for your son so that is not affected. Are you claiming any other benefits like child tax credits?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Staceybaby123
    Staceybaby123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes I also get child benefits 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Staceybaby123 and a belated welcome from me to our online community, I'm glad you found us. How is your family getting on?

It's good to hear that your son was awarded DLA, I imagine the money will make life a little easier for you both. Please take a read of this 'What else you're entitled to when your child gets DLA' webpage from Scope as to things you might not have considered but now be eligible for.

Also, I've moved your thread to our ESA category and amended the title to help others spot it and reply with their wisdom.

Best wishes and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2023
    Options
    What type of ESA are you claiming?
    Do you have a partner?
    Do you have any capital/savings over £16,000.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.