Hi, my name is juliesea! Claiming Carers Allowance Query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is juliesea! Claiming Carers Allowance Query

juliesea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Could you help me please because nobody seems to have the answer to this question, when claiming carers allowance I understand you must be caring for the person in question for a minimum of 35hrs ,I know it can be care in many ways but is the travelling time to and from the person who needs care count as part of the 35hrs care ?


  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 5,879 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @juliesea

    How are you today? Just wanted you to know, I've popped your query in our Benefits and Financial Support section of the forum, to see if more people can help with your query. 

    Unfortunately I couldn't find a clear answer on the GOV website, hopefully someone in the community will know :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • juliesea
    juliesea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much Hannah ,but this seems to be a grey area with no clarity 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds really difficult @juliesea :( Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.