How rare is it to find a good guy through online dating? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How rare is it to find a good guy through online dating?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I'm just wondering how rare it is to find a real good guy but can see how to find fake nice guys. Yep even guys that talk about sex before you meet them. That has also been flew of my experience with some men. I never like it when people ask sex-related questions. I'm not sure whether this is a question or not. You didn't have sfor a long time. Before we even met, I blocked users who sent messages about sex first thing. Some guys have already ruined this opportunity. Because it is too early, I respond with a no. Then I blocked them. Then, he started texting and asked me some questions about what HWR is looking for here. I sent reply saying I'm here for long time single guys with a learning disability. I just want to be direct since I do not want my time wasted and he seems like a real nice guy, not the fake types. Guys that too overcondindent for sime womrn. Guys that has tons of women fighing others them. Other guys online were guys too older and were very creapy for hitting on 24 year old. These type of men I felt very uncomfortable around and started to dislike type of some men. What do you think about my experiences with some types of men on online dating and in real life that I do dislike the most? Are players, jerks, cocky, too bossy, verbal abuser and guys that disrespectful. Also, I'm not here to seek attention from men. I just looking for one guy for one thing onk only 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

You can find nice men online I met my now fiancé online 

But they are quite rare a lot are fakes and lots just looking for sex or an ego boost 

It takes time to find the right one and you get to know how to recognise the ones to avoid 

Most men will ask questions of a sexual nature at sometime depends how far you are willing to discuss but sex is a part of most relationships so there is bound to be some curiosity around the subject 
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @janer1967 . I'm not been interested in any form of sex .  I'm OK with some adult cartoon other i don't like . i don't like when start to talk sex before meetup that instant blocked . I'm texting a new and seem OK but has be asking question what music do i like and what I'm looking for a long term relationship .  i can't find good guys in my town more immature .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that you are aware of what you like and dislike @Splatmate24 and that you're texting someone new and seems ok. 

I get the sense that you don't like his questions though. Have I got this right and, if so, do you feel comfortable communicating this with him?

It's really important that you are open about what you like and dislike if you are comfortable with this. It then gives him the opportunity to stop asking these questions  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer ia not the new guy but is was a different guy that i will already  blocked if i don't like it . I can find tons of guys but some them were some green but all rest seem to be red flag . part from two  men . one them to seem to be putting more effort then other one is .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done you @Splatmate24, asserting those boundaries if needed. Green flags are good but I can hear how you would appreciate more green flags  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I seem get chat and message but nothing further then when . disabled dating not looking for same thing of me .  always chatting and texting . that all what i been doing . makes effort to text but doesn't say anything about meetup .
  • MollySco9
    MollySco9 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    There's loads of good guys online, similar to women, there's many out there looking for love
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    It sounds really difficult that you haven't, yet, been able to find someone who wants the same as you @Splatmate24. Though, really positive to hear you know what you want and are sticking to what you want. How are you feeling about everything at the moment?  :)

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer. disabled dating is still the same and has made me even more   uncomfortable that mainstream dating sites . i also did checks reviews also and seem do not very good . i just been using one called Facebook dating that has be most successful dating apps or sites .  also has some older guys on scope online  Community  trying to sent me pm to me and they said their age were about 60 and i had two of them try to sent pm . and s try see what will happen . I did rejected both them one men get mad and i was trying to see what happens .   disabled dating sites has same problem older men were looking for long  term relationship . i also i don't like guys that are very tall . i would prefer average height men or men that is on shorter height .  this why i always now has ask men there age on online dating to just makes that not the over age of 60+ that i seem to get a lot off from disabled dating . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.