Hi, my name is stitchgibbs! My other half has been awarded LCWRA

Options
stitchgibbs
stitchgibbs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
My other half has been awarded low ra how long will she have to wait for her back dated money or does the get added to her universal credit payment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,276 Championing
    Options
    For the LCWRA element there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time then the extra money is paid from the 4th month after the health condition was reported. Providing a fit note was sent within 7 days of this and they continued to send fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on the WCA. It's not paid at all during the waiting period.

When it's paid from exactly will depend what date the health condition was report/first fit note sent and what date you usually receive your money each month.

If there's any money owed then it's paid separately to you usually monthly money.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    Options
    I would just like to add a warm welcome @stitchgibbs. It is great to see you have joined us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 410 Empowering
    Options
    Hi @stitchgibbs,

I got awarded LCWRA on 9th January & notification of backpayment / updated statements took just almost 3 weeks. 

Now it's just a waiting game for my backpayment to go into the bank, which should be any day now.

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have just received my back - payment for LCWRA.

As I have previously said,the whole process, from assessment/ award has taken just over 3 weeks to be sorted out.

I hope this helps anyone else who's been asking how long it takes for
     back - payment to be sorted out,although I know that everyone's situation is different.
  • saz25
    saz25 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I first applied for LCWRA last April, I had my assessment via video link in November.
    I had a letter attached to my universal Credit on the 30th December stating I’d been awarded LCWRA and I’ve just had my first payment.
    it says if they owe me money they will tell me when I’ll get it. I assume I am entitled to some back pay, but I’ve heard nothing since.
    I’ve phoned but they just said it’s with your case manager, I’ve asked on my journal, but they just don’t reply. Has anyone any ideas why the back pay is taking so long and why they don’t answer my questions.
    Thank You in advance 
  • saz25
    Options
    Just to add I sent fit notes in continuously from last April 
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi,

I switched from JSA to  UC at the end of may last year,on the advice of my former advisor,who told me to get a fit note. I submitted fit notes continuously from then.

My UC50 form had to be submitted by August & I had my WCA on January 5th on the phone. I was awarded LCWRA on the 9th. I received a letter on my journal to say about back - payment & how much. It was put into my account 4 days before my 1st LCWRA monthly payment.

I don't know if this is any help to you , I'm guessing different area & people's circumstances, probably will contribute to length of the process. I guess I was just lucky.

• MadCow1
    Options
    I forgot to say that mine was back - dated to October.
  • saz25
    Options
    Thanks for your comment, yes you where lucky mines been a year in April. I’ve just phoned them and they did say the would send the case manager a note. It’s very frustrating when they don’t answer on the journal