Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Delays, Delays Leading To.....

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Hia Folks.

Nine months ago I had a letter off the lovely folks DWP, asking me to fill in a PIP review form for DWP.  
I made notes on my condition, but asked the CAB to structure my answers and print them. On that very night after my visit to CAB I posted my review application.

I had a text last week off the above saying they were looking at my form and will decide on whether a visit would be needed.
I say this again they have had my form nine months.
I know this will still take another few months, but the trouble is this...
I have a Bus Pass to which I use most days, that is when I am not bedbound.
The current bus pass expires early April, and I know that by the time I get even a home visit it will be close to renewal date.
It may even expire. 

No Bus Pass....

I will be going through a M.R. But I will also be preparing my case for Tribunal.
(I could explain why I want a Tribunal but it takes too long to explain)
And this adds more to the length of time to get confirmation on the award.
Logic is telling me that I need to bite the bullet and I need to pay for my journeys on the bus, this is until I get a confirmation on my PIP award.

Also when I go to Tribunal, are they held in certain areas, or do they hold these more local.

Thank you Folks for any advice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,055 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are long delays for PIP review decisions and going by some other members 9 months isn't long. Some members have been waiting well over a year and we have at least 1 member that's been waiting 18 months. Your current PIP award should continue until a decision made on your review.

For your bus pass, if a decision hasn't been made on your PIP a few weeks before April then you can ring PIP to ask if they can send you a letter to say your PIP has been extended. You can then use that for your bus pass renewal.

Not everyone needs to challenge the decision so hopefully you'll be one of those.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanking you Poppy. Have a good night
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    .. by the time I get even a home visit
     I go to Tribunal, are they held in certain areas, or do they hold these more local.
    Most assessments are currently done by phone/
    Tribunals are frequently done by phone or video.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I put my review in and heard nothing for 7 months (not unusual) then out of the blue  DM from the DWP range me, 10 minute chat and my award stayed as it was but for the first rime for ten years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.