Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Woman puts cat down jumper to keep warm
A disabled woman called Sharon Hearn who cannot afford to heat her home for more than two hours a day said she puts her cat down her jumper to keep warm.
Hearn has been told she can no longer claim the Warm Home Discount despite the cold limiting her mobility. This is because of government changes to the eligibility criteria.
Scope estimates about 300,000 disabled people in Wales and England will not be eligible because of the changes.If you have pets, do they help keep you warm?
Or are you worried about the cost of looking after them during this cost of living crisis?
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 88 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 227 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 647 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.6K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 877 Chronic pain and pain management
- 178 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 327 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions