Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

No longer seeing the health and wellbeing coach at the work and health programme

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 262 Pioneering
Hi everyone, the health and wellbeing coach removed me from their register just because she couldn't be bothered to reply to my texts until after I'd emailed my key worker. 
I'd told my key worker last week that I'd been feeling uncomfortable with the health and wellbeing coach as she was wanting me to talk about things that I'm not mentally ready to talk about. 
I'd also told my key worker that the journal that the health and wellbeing coach had advised me to start has been really helping me as I'm able to write down my thoughts and other things and no will ever see what I've wrote. 
My key worker wasn't happy with the health and wellbeing coach for making me feel uncomfortable. I'd also told my key worker that I hadn't told the health and wellbeing coach how she was making me feel as I wasn't sure how to and she said that she'd talk to her boss about it the following day after her doctors appointment, but I think she's either forgotten to talk to her boss or she's forgotten to email me back with what her boss has said. 
I'm going to email my key worker tomorrow to see if she's had a chance to talk to her boss yet as the place where she works can get really busy.
Ive got an appointment with my key worker on the 3rd of next month at 1pm (I think it is) and then I've got an appointment with my work coach at my local job centre at 3pm on the same day.
I've also got to ring my doctors about a couple of things tomorrow as I'd had an appointment with the practice nurse at my doctors on Friday for my diabetes and asthma reviews. 
She said that she was going to find out why I've only got 1 inhaler for my asthma, which is my blue reliever inhaler, which she did and she rang me back on Friday to let me know that she's made an appointment for me on the 31st of this month, but I can't remember if she said it's a telephone appointment or face to face appointment and I also need to find out if they can help me with a blood pressure monitor or a bigger cuff for one as my mum's got a blood pressure monitor, but the cuff is too small for my upper arm. I need either a blood pressure monitor or a bigger cuff for one as the practice nurse I saw on Friday checked my blood pressure and she said that its a bit on the high side and I'd told the nurse that my mum has high blood pressure. I can't remember what my blood pressure is. 
The hospital had the same problem with a blood pressure monitor cuff as the small adult one that they'd used to check my observations after my operation last February, almost flew off my arm as it could not inflate anymore as it was too small, so the nurse had to go and find a bigger cuff so that she could check my blood pressure. 
Hopefully when I see the doctor on Tuesday, they will be able to give me another inhaler as I haven't had a preventer inhaler for years. I've only had my reliever inhaler. 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @BrianMcFaddenfan07

I'm sorry you are having such a frustrating time with your health and wellbeing coach, hopefully you'll be able to get it resolved today as I saw you mentioned you'll be emailing your key worker.

I'm glad you have been able to get appointments, it sounds like the medical side is more on the ball than the work support side. I wanted to comment to also recommend SHOUT. They are a 24/7 mental health texting service. I know you said there are things you are not ready to talk about but wanted you to have their details for when you are :) I think they're great, I've found people find texting a little easier and they have said it feels more discreet too. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    Hi @Teddybear12, the doctor is giving me a preventer inhaler. I'm just waiting for my local Boots Pharmacy to text me and let me know when my prescription is ready to collect. Hopefully it'll be ready by Friday so that I can hopefully collect it either in between my appointments or after my appointment with my work coach before I go for my bus back home. 
    I'm also hoping that the doctor has given me the right inhaler too as there's an inhaler that I can't use as it's too powerful for me to use. My reliever inhaler looks a bit like a darlek from Dr Who. 
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    Ty @Hannah_Scope. I'm going to see my key worker on Friday afternoon. She's really lovely and doesn't expect me to talk to her about things if I don't want to.
    I forgot to email my key worker. 
    My key worker has been helping me to get a provisional driving licence for extra ID, but I've got to take the form into her so that she can help me as she did try it online with them sending the form out to me so that I could send them the extra information they needed, but apparently I hadn't sent it to them within the 4 weeks that I was supposed to, but they seemed to have forgotten about the royal mail strikes that have been happening as I don't think that if they'd had remembered then they would have given people who have applied for one online like I did, but they had to send them the form in the post and then the person had to sent it back to them in the post a lot longer than their normal 4 week deadline. Not only that tho it took the form longer than the week it was supposed to have taken to get to me because of the postal strikes. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @BrianMcFaddenfan07 hope all works out for you this week, sounds like you do have a lot going on. x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww that's good, it's always great hearing people get along with their key workers.

Oh that sounds like such a palaver, I'm glad you're getting help with it :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Options
    @SueHeath I'm hopefully getting a new inhaler sometime this week. I've got two more appointments left this week they're on Friday afternoon. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you managed to get a new inhaler yet @BrianMcFaddenfan07? Hope your appointments went well.

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us about how things have been for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I've got a new preventer inhaler, but it's one I can't use without a spacer as it's too strong for me as it's a dose inhaler. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you finding your new preventer inhaler @BrianMcFaddenfan07? I used to be asthmatic (which is only triggered by chest infections etc now) so completely hear your struggles in trying to find the right inhaler  :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.