Reasonable adjustments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasonable adjustments

Options
abcdefghi
abcdefghi Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2023 in Work and employment
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone has any advice re reasonable adjustments. I am disabled and my employer has recognised this. I struggle going out if the house and being with people. Requested to carry on working from home after covid. This has been rejected due to company policy. Been through ACAS. Employer has rejected all requests for talks etc. Now going to tribunal but cant afford a solicitor. Oh eck

Comments

• DDN1429
    DDN1429 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Are you a member of a union? If so, speak with your rep, if not, contact one and they still may be able to advise you.
  • abcdefghi
    abcdefghi Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for that. I am part of a union but they say its company policy.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You don't need a solicitor mist people represent themselves at tribunal 

If the case is accepted yoh get clear instructions at each stage on what you need to do 

Also majority end up being settled before it even gets to a hearing 

Get all your evidence together in date order include emails letters notes from meetings or your own account of what has happened 

Just quick question did you work in the office before covid ,? Or have you always worked from home 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.