Hi, my name is David .I'm 36 years old. have CP affecting right hand side — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is David .I'm 36 years old. have CP affecting right hand side

Options
DDN1429
DDN1429 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
edited February 2023 in Cerebral palsy
I'm 36 years old. have CP affecting right hand side. I have a wonderful partner and stepdaughter, along with 8 dogs, currently studying full time at university.
Tagged:

Comments

• DDN1429
    Options
    Hi @DDN1429 Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. What are you studying? We are a friendly and supportive forum, so please have a look around and join in when you are ready. Take care.
    Thank you 😊 having a little look around and started posting. Studying Adult Nursing, I must be daft, I know, haha. Thanks again.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DDN1429

Welcome to the community! :) 

Wow! 8 dogs! what breed(s) do you have? what are their names? :) 

Just to let you know, we have an excellent Cerebral Palsy section on the forum and we get to know each other more, have debates and play games in the Coffee Lounge
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @DDN1429 welcome to our great group, i hope your well and have had the time to look around our great group. Wow 8 dogs bet they are a hand full. 
  • DDN1429
    Options
    Hello @DDN1429

Welcome to the community! :) 

Wow! 8 dogs! what breed(s) do you have? what are their names? :) 

Just to let you know, we have an excellent Cerebral Palsy section on the forum and we get to know each other more, have debates and play games in the Coffee Lounge
    All of them are long haired chihuahuas, my boy is called Brutus 😁 haha

Yes, I have started having a look around and found some useful stuff to be honest and will definitely get my two penny's worth in, in the near future.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awww lovely! I have a collie called Gwen. I love dogs, always wanted a Corgi!

Lovely, can't wait to see you round the community :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome from me too @DDN1429 it's great to see you join. My CP also affects my right side, and we have plenty of active members on the community who live with CP too.

I hope you enjoy spending time here, and please let us know if you need anything :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

• DDN1429
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome from me too @DDN1429 it's great to see you join. My CP also affects my right side, and we have plenty of active members on the community who live with CP too.

I hope you enjoy spending time here, and please let us know if you need anything :) 
    Thank you for the kind, warm welcome 😁.
    Do you mind if I enquire, are you right or left handed? Look forward to meeting others on here.

I will remember that and thanks again.
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Not at all, I'm left handed @DDN1429, and I've always wondered if this is down to CP or other factors! Hope you enjoy spending time here on the community :)
    Scope

• DDN1429
    Options
    @Alex_Scope that's fair enough, I only ask as I'm technically right handed but due to weakness and poor motor function I'm essentially left handed. My main reason for asking is, when I was an infant and learning to write, I'd write sentences backwards and/or upside down.. In my adult life, I struggle using mirrors - for shaving etc and imagine driving would be difficult using mirrors. Guess I was trying to find out if others experienced similar.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I see @DDN1429 thanks for explaining :) I don't think I could manage writing backwards or upside down now let alone when I was younger!

I do find using a mirror a bit tricky- I think it's harder for those fine motor skills which need very precise movements.
    Scope

• DDN1429
    Options
    @Alex_Scope, I didn't intentionally write backwards etc, my teachers and parents thought I was bit messed up, but as I understand it, it was due to mirroring what I was copying if that makes any sense.

I find it difficult shaving, as mirrors seem to confuse me, my hands/movement goes wrong way essentially.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.