Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Awarded PIP

Options
Wfrancomb94
Wfrancomb94 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all I had a text this morning saying I am awarded pip. When I called the pip number it told me my rate and next payment date but did not mention backpay amount or date? Is this bad news? Or am I over thinking this. Sorry guys my mental health not good so I worry a lot. 

Comments

• DDN1429
    DDN1429 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Don't quote me on this, but you will receive backdated pay from the day you rang up to apply if this your first claim.  If not first claim then the new rate if higher than previous will be from date previous claim ended? If that makes sense. But also, there will be many more people on here to explain better than myself.

Congrats on the award though, this must be a relief in itself.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,087 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The automated payment line will not give any details of any money you maybe owed. If you want to know what you’ve been awarded, how much will be paid into your bank and when then you’ll need to ring PIP to ask. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Wfrancomb94
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for the answers. You have helped put my mind and anxiety to ease. It's such a relief as it has been very hard financially for me and I am unable to work. I must admit the whole process has been smooth and fast. I applied late October. Formed filled out and returned by late November, assessed 20th Jan, decision text today. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad the process has been smooth for you @Wfrancomb94 that's good to hear. That and the community has been able to support you and ease your worries :) 

Feel free to stick around and chat to other members anytime, the coffee lounge is a great place to start. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Wfrancomb94
    Options
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your good news @Wfrancomb94 happy for you.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations that's amazing news well done.
  • DDN1429
    DDN1429 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Congratulations! And thanks for sharing this good news  :)
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.