What happens next? OT Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens next? OT Assessment

Options
mommabear
mommabear Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. I had my OT assessment for DFG yesterday after a 12 month wait. I live in a  housing association property and the OT was from my local council.

when she was assessing me she was saying that I needed a wet room a downstairs toilet, an accessible kitchen commode, bed rail and sofa raisers.

My medication makes my memory foggy so I'm not sure if that's what is being recommended she said a person from the technical team would be in touch as well as somebody to complete paperwork and finacial assessment.

Does her report mean the work will be going ahead after the paperwork or do I need further assessments I am a little confused. Or does her report go to the HA and they make the decision 

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,592 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will first receive a phone call about delivery of your commode, bed rail and sofa raiser.
    In my area before they can start the work your OT will need to write the report and then it will go infront of a panel of decision makers (not sure if that's the correct word) from that, they will make the final decision on whether to agree that this work can be done to help make your life easier. They don't just take the OTs word for it.

Once it's been agreed they will need permission from your landlord. You will then need a financial assessment but there maybe a waiting list for this. I know in my area i was told last week that the wait is about 6 months.

I'm not entirely sure what comes next but at some point if it's been agreed they will need to have plans drawn so it's not a very quick process i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would just like to add a warm welcome @mommabear. It is great to see you have joined us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. Hopefully, you will receive the things you need and deserve soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • mommabear
    mommabear Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.