Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please can someone advise me. My son gets DLA and i am his sole carer, I have a full time job, as i have bills and a mortgage to pay. However, i am a single parent, with only my money coming in - however i do earn more than £132 a week. I think it's highly unfair that i have to do the two jobs, but because i work, i don't get the carers allowance.
Is this true in all cases?
You’ll have a good chance of getting Carer’s Allowance if all the following apply:
- you earn less than £132 a week - i do earn more than this.
- you get the middle or higher rate of the care component of DLA
- you spend at least 35 hours a week (total) caring for your child
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.5K Coffee lounge
- 41 Games room
- 425 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 611 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.