Going back to work in future — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going back to work in future

Options
gerrard
gerrard Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2023 in Work and employment
If I go back to work looks like I will be in wheelchair do my works company have to provide a disabled toilet 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @gerrard. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment? 

My understanding is that your employer will have to provide 'reasonable adjustments' under the Equality Act (2010).

However, in terms of whether or not they will have to provide a disabled toilet, this depends on a couple of things including:

• Is it a reasonable adjustment for your employer to provide a disabled toilet? 
    • Could you access toilet facilities that are already available without detriment?
    I hope this makes sense. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can further support you with this or if you would like to discuss this further with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck I hope it's a pleasant experience for you. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @gerrard

I can see L has already answered your query, I just wanted to comment and ask how you are feeling going back to work?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.