Are there any other benefits I can claim apart from univseral credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any other benefits I can claim apart from univseral credit

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
Hi everyone, 
Whenever I've used o
The turn to us benefits calculator it says that I could or can claim pip on top of the UC me n my fiance already claim. I've been thinking about claiming it, but I'm not sure if I should as I have quite a lot of medical conditions that can affect my day to day life in different ways. 
I have read somewhere that women with a health condition that I have (I think it was for a UK support group that I'm a member of for the condition I have) that they think that the woman's only health condition should be added to the health conditions able to claim pip as the condition can be debilitating depending on the severity of the condition for the individual woman, who like myself has the condition.
I've got that many medical conditions I sometimes forget some of them when I'm put on the spot when someone just asks me out of the blue about the health conditions I have. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis. What matters is how those conditions affect your ability to carry out the 12 activities for the PIP descriptors. 

PIP isn’t means tested so any savings/capital you have or whether you and your partner work will make no difference to any entitlement. You can see the descriptors here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

You may also want to get some expert advice to check it’s possible to score enough of points needed for an award. This link will help find an advice agency near you https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    .. woman's only health condition should be added to the health conditions able to claim pip as the condition ..
    The only health condition that automatically entitles someone to a PIP award is if your medical team thinks they may die within the next six months.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.