Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
lennon88
lennon88 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello , I was wondering if anyone knows when there starting lcwra again as I've had 2 now my second was Nov 2020 and they said they may give me a call sometime do I just have to live stressed waiting on an appointment forever or is there a times pan as lts for my lungs and depression anxiety so I don't go out except essential things thanks I also had this last year with a pip review in February and had to stress all year now its away to change as I'm in Scotland,  and are the lcwra reviews appointments any help would be great I can't stop stressing 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The changes in Scotland affect PIP, not LCWRA.

There are no timescales for LCWRA reviews.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • lennon88
    Options
    Yes I know about the pip part thanks  it's the lcwra part so you can wait forever for a 3rd lcwra review is there no limit at all as its very stressful
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews for the work capability assessment are currently still suspended and have been since the start of the pandemic. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.

As you're claiming UC then when it's time for your review you will receive a letter on your journal telling you that they are referring you. A few days after that you will receive the form in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lennon88
    Options
    Are they doing it in building or over the fone because its hard to do anything over the phone
  • lennon88
    Options
    Also I've been diagnosed with inhalers as I was in hospital for 5 months for a lung surgery and a new pill for the same thing what do I do I'm all alone pretty much in life with no one who knows thanks
  • lennon88
    Options
    This would be my 3rd assessment also
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 197 Courageous
    Options
    lennon88 said:
    What date was your first and second assesments 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    lennon88 said:
    Are they doing it in building or over the fone because its hard to do anything over the phone

Most assessments are by telephone. If this is regarding the work capability assessment review then they are still suspended so you won't be having a review anytime soon.
    bobby123 said:
    lennon88 said:
    What date was your first and second assesments 

That makes no difference for the work capability assessment because they are suspended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lennon88
    Options
    Do you know how long there suspended for ? I'm on it for lung surgery and mental health should I tell them I've been given inhalers and another pill for my depression and anxiety
  • lennon88
    Options
    One was in 2018 and one was in Nov 2020
  • poppy123456
    Options
    lennon88 said:
    Do you know how long there suspended for ? I'm on it for lung surgery and mental health should I tell them I've been given inhalers and another pill for my depression and anxiety
    No idea sorry. You already have LCWRA which is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. 
    When they do start back there will be huge backlogs so it’s unlikely you’ll be reviewed anytime soon. 
    When they do refer you eventually you’ll receive a letter on your journal and shortly after that you’ll receive another form in the post. 
    Until then you need to try to focus on something else. 
  • lennon88
    Options
    They moved me into a hoste until i got a house on ground floor flat next to her in a housing estate as I've only got my auntie for help but I don't go out except to pharmacy and shopping I hate this life 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.