Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip waiting times.

Options
Lampard21
Lampard21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello new here looking some advice my husband applied in June 2022 had an assessment start of January 2023 got text 6 weeks ago to say decision has been made. Hes rang lots of times they say there still making a decision. This is a long time from June to be waiting or is this normal now. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,077 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lampard21 said:
    got text 6 weeks ago to say decision has been made.

Do you mean the text said no decision's been made? Once the assessment report is returned to DWP a decision can take up to about 12 weeks. Waiting times depend on backlogs in each individual area and a claimants case.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lampard21
    Lampard21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello they said a decision had been made. Just seems very long time. Thank you for replying 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I’ve heard of texts being sent when there’s been an award. I’ve never heard of a text being sent saying a decision has been made, without saying you were awarded.  Maybe the text was sent in error? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adeline
    Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    Options
    It can be around 12-20 weeks for a decision after an assessment @Lampard21. Unfortunately the 7 months for an assessment is quite normal even pre-pandemic backlog. It does seem strange they would send a text to say a decision had been made but then say differently when you call.

Do you still have the text? The wording sometimes tells if you have been awarded PIP or not. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Adeline said:
    It can be around 12-20 weeks for a decision after an assessment
    20 weeks is quite excessive. We usually advise up to 12 weeks once the report is returned to DWP. Of course it could be a lot sooner than that.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.