Multiple Benefits Query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Multiple Benefits Query

7501x Community member Posts: 48 Connected
I have a few questions following my recent LCWRA award if anyone can please help.

1. I have a joint UC claim with my partner who is my carer. We get carers allowance which is then deducted from UC, we also get carers element and I now get LCWRA.

At some point my partner may start employment. If he goes over the earnings threshold for CA his carers allowance will stop, which I believe won’t affect us financially as our UC will increase again to compensate for this? 

2. Also I’m unsure if we are no longer entitled to CA due to my partners income, will our carers element stop also? I know you don’t have to claim CA to get carers element, but if we are no longer entitled to CA due to my partners income, will carers element stop?

3. Does the fact I now receive LCWRA affect any benefits at all?

I’m essentially trying to work out if our current benefits are affected by me now receiving LCWRA, and/or when my partner is in employment. The benefits we receive currently are:
- UC consisting of; standard allowance for a couple, housing, 1 x child, carers element and LCWRA.
- Child benefit
- Child maintenance

Any advice would be amazing please!


  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,011 Disability Gamechanger
    1. Correct.
    2. Even if CA stops the carer element in UC will continue - there is no earnings limit.
    3. No.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.