If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dscoultrip! looking for advice on affects on my civil service pension

Options
Dscoultrip
Dscoultrip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, i'm diagnosed stage 4 malignant melanoma and have re trained a deep tissue massage therapist so looking for advice on affects on my civil service pension if i work.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Dscoultrip

Welcome to the community! :)

I'm so sorry you are going through so much, it's so interesting to hear you retrained, what made you want to do that? I unfortunately don't have the best knowledge on pensions but have popped your query into our Benefits and Financial Support section, in the hopes others can help :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Dscoultrip
    Dscoultrip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your comment Hannah much appreciated. I would like to put my newly acquired skill to use and generally improve my quality of life. the financial pressures placed on pretty much everyone is under has forced me into taking action despite current side effects of ongoing medications.  
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    Hi, i'm diagnosed stage 4 malignant melanoma and have re trained a deep tissue massage therapist so looking for advice on affects on my civil service pension if i work.  
    I suppose it all depends on the reason you are receiving the pension. If it was because your GP confirmed that due to illness/disability that you would never be able to work again ie getting your pension before normal retirement date then how would that equate with going back to work?

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Dscoultrip I'm sorry that financial pressure is a factor in it. Have you got a good relationship with your GP, consultant or nurse? Just to see if any of those side effects could be avoided with any change in medications, that won't then effect you. I know it's a bit like trying to not tip the scales!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.