What guys should I avoid dating or getting into relationships with? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What guys should I avoid dating or getting into relationships with?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous

I am a 24 year old woman with a learning disability. What can I do in order to have a strong long-term relationship with one guy? I've never known any guys with them, so I don't know anyone with them. I don't need a guy with mental health issues. Further, I don't want a guy who is too fast at dating or says he really likes you. likes you. That already seems like a big red flag and I blocked him. As for other guys I can find, I'm not thinking about them, and I'm also being rejected from the friends zone by two guys. He stated that over a text message via Whatsapp after I said I was looking for a slow, respectful, and decont guy. I wanted to be in a relationship with him, but not too fast. I am not interested in moving fast, so I blocked him." I am only looking for a real good guy, and nothing else will come in my way. I like nerds, gamers, and people of average height. I get very uncomfortable around tall men who I'm not interested in. What can I do to improve my chances of finding a long-term relationship? I have good looks. I try to make friends. I haven't been able to make friends with girls since I had some difficult experiences with women in college.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I think you are already making positive steps towards finding a long-term relationship @Splatmate24. Not least because you are able to recognise what you do and do not want from a relationship which increases the odds of making it long-term when you find one. Hopefully, you'll find the right one for you soon, when the time is right :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.