Hi, just been to ER, could YOU help with identification? The doctors didn't know. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, just been to ER, could YOU help with identification? The doctors didn't know.

Options
moteor85
moteor85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2023 in Sensory impairments
Hi,

Thanks for reading, all suggestions welcome. I'm not treating this as a diagnosis more a point in the right direction. 

A little background story; I was driving home 2 days ago, when I started to have a headache, of which I am not normally a sufferer. When I got home I had an early night, when I woke up the next day my head was still sore. 

It was an all over ache, constant and painful. I woke up with some soreness in my joints, but wether this was more to do with 12 hrs in bed I don't know.

I took some nurofen in the morning and felt better on the way to work, but my headache was still in the background. 

Having another early night, I awoke with no pain, just a slight reminiscent ache of the previous days bad head. 

I was taking delivery of a new work van in the yard and was looking at the scratches and dents on it from the hire company. 

I was looking from the left to right eye, when I noticed a loss of vision in my right eye, almost as though I had been looking at a bright light for too long.

I don't deal with lasers, floodlights etc at work and have had no head trauma as work was mostly scoping new jobs up and coming, so lot of walking and looking at stuff we do at work on different sites. Nothing dangerous occurring here.

I noticed there were several places in the middle of my vision on the right eye, I could not see, as if the cells to process the view, colour and area of sight were missing. 

This occurred in a small patch of 4 shapes in a petal shape from the centre of view, contained within the centre of vision and not extending to the periphery.

This occurred at 1430 yesterday, wher I left work, went to the A and E department, had a scan, which showed no brain damage, blood test, digital and ocular machine look and scan of the eye with the opthalmology doctor, who said he could not see anything physically wrong with the eye. 

I have included a pic of the distortion here for your review. It is grey petal shapes with black static pins throughout.

Hoping you could help me? 

Many thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately we are not medical professionals and won’t be able to give any advice. It is also against scopes rules to give medical advice.

If you have any further concerns you will need to speak to your GP or any other medical professionals involved. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • moteor85
    moteor85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Appreciate this is not advice, I'm looking for similar cases and how they are refered to a doctor.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You included a picture and asked for people’s view but we can’t give any such advice. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,827 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @moteor85 hi there and welcome. Did a&e give you anything for your head ache?  It's good that they could not find anything wrong. That's a plus at least.  As advised I would definatly make an appointment with your gp. Also might be worth seeing an optician.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @moteor85

I also would suggest contacting your GP and if you find you are in pain like that again, go to A&E. I also echo Sandy's comment to book in with the optician too.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.