Home Help for my Dad — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Help for my Dad

ifonlythelonely Community member Posts: 16 Listener

I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction &/or give me some advice on my situation. My dad lives alone in a semi detached house but it's getting to the stage now where he cannot look after himself. 

He is unable to wash himself fully as he can't get in & out the shower/bath. My main question was who do I go to for home help? Is there a government funded scheme? I couldn't see one from my research. I'm looking for someone who will be able to come out to him a few times a week to help with washing etc.

He currently receives Attendance Allowance & I get Carers Allowance. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.





Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.