Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

carer

Options
ahora98
ahora98 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hey, there. i recently get pip awarded with enhance rate on daily living and mobility. my sister want apply to be my carer. she is on universial credit. which kind of crare she can apply: carer allowenc or carer element?? and what different between this two carer? is she can apply for both of them? do you every one know about how much they pay for carer?.. appreciate if you answer this questions,, thanks again. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As she's claiming UC then providing she cares for you for at least 35 hours per week then she can claim carers element of UC providing she's not receiving the LCWRA element for herself.

You don't need to claim carers allowance to be entitled to carers element. If she does claim carers allowance as well then this will just be deducted in full from her UC entitlement, so there's no financial gain. The only difference is with UC you receive class 3 NI credits but for carers allowance you receive class 1.

Providing she doesn't receive the LCWRA element for herself then she needs to "report a change of circumstances" Tell them she's caring for you and then the carers element will be included in her UC from the assessment period in which the changes were reported. It's £168.81/month for carers element.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ahora98
    Options
    and she should strat the date for carer that  i recieved pip or can put date before my pip awarded?? thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If she reported being your carer at the time you started your PIP claim and she was claiming UC at the time then they may backdate it to that date. If she doesn't ask then it won't be backdated. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    She can’t get carer element for a date before you were awarded PIP. However UC may not pay anything prior to when she tells them if she has never previously told them she cares for you.

to confirm - she doesn’t get LCWRA?

Am I correct that you get UC yourself?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ahora98
    Options
    yes im on uc and she dosnt get lcwra 
  • ahora98
    Options
    as well i get lcwra on uc 
  • ahora98
    Options
    she 5month ago told to uc she is my carer due to my Lcwra but uc refused her cos they said your brother must get pip for apply carer
  • ahora98
    Options
    at 7of november2022 i apply for pip, and she reported to be my carer on December 2022 due to my LCWRA
    but they told her for carer your brother must get pip,,, is they backdate carer payment to her? thanks
  • kebabs2u3
    kebabs2u3 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    edited February 2023
    Options
    A question myself on this subject if you get full pip and LCWRA, and have a carer do you actually lose any of your own payments to subsidise the carers payment by uc ? 
  • ahora98
    Options
    it is my question as well 
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    Options
    ahora98 said:
    she 5month ago told to uc she is my carer due to my Lcwra but uc refused her cos they said your brother must get pip for apply carer
    OK, should ask for the carer element to be added from the date your PIP award starts from.
    kebabs2u3 said:
    A question myself on this subject if you get full pip and LCWRA, and have a carer do you actually lose any of your own payments to subsidise the carers payment by uc ? 
    No.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ahora98
    Options
    you mean she should ask for 7of November 2022 that i apply for pip? 
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    Options
    ahora98 said:
    you mean she should ask for 7of November 2022 that i apply for pip? 
    If that’s the date your PIP award starts from, yes.

(You’ve had a very quick PIP decision.)
  • kebabs2u3
    kebabs2u3 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    Options
    Thank you calcotti 👍
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.