Snappi size 1 buggy accessories... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Snappi size 1 buggy accessories...

TLM
TLM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all! My name's Tina and very recently my 4 yr old daughter received a Snappi size 1 buggy from NHS wheelchair service. It's great but I'm really struggling to find a sunshade/rain cover for it (still can't believe it doesn't come with one!) If anyone could give my advice or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance 😊

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TLM - & welcome to the community. This may not be helpful, but there are some 'universal' rain covers that may fit; you would have to check/enquire about their measurements.
    There's also Freecycle, Gumtree or your local Facebook community where you might find the right raincover.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 395 Pioneering
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • PhilG111
    PhilG111 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    We wish you luck. You can get charity funding for the canopy and cover. We had the Snazzi and it was quoted at over £300 by the suppliers... Our OT fortunately knew of a charity they could contact on our behalf and we got them fairly quickly. 
    You do need both though as the rain cover is shaped to include.
    I can't remember exactly but I think the rain cover is interchangeable between the chair styles so as your daughter grows you shouldn't need to get another cover. *Not 💯 on the sun canopy though. My son's canopy could be transferred between the last couple of chairs but he had the same style just bigger.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.