Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Shock at request for lcwra review diapite been on support gp esa

Options
charl1980
charl1980 Community member Posts: 136 Courageous
Partner as far as we know was given a indefinite eas contribution based support group award, he claims alongside universal credit , he gets full pip , joint claim Im lcw and full pip , we have just been told he's up for lcwra assessment, he automatically qualified because of esa and presume that as he was in support group he would keep lcwra, apparently not🥵, I'm worried sick last time he had a assessment for esa around 2016 he actually had a suspected heart attack in the examination room , I don't honestly think he will cope with it, severe mental health and illnesses, I've asked for paper based assessment renewal for pip I suppose I'll be doing same for esa

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA severe conditions group wasn't introduced until September 2017 so if his last ESA review was 2016 then i wouldn't expect him to be in the group where you're not expected to be review again. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-and-support-allowance-and-universal-credit-changes-to-the-work-capability-assessment/employment-and-support-allowance-and-universal-credit-changes-to-the-work-capability-assessment-from-29-september-2017

LCWRA is the same as ESA Support Group, when claiming both ESA and UC together you'll only receive one assessment for both benefits.

I'm not aware of reviews starting back again and as far as i know they are still suspended. Has he received a letter on his journal telling him they are referring him for a review?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • charl1980
    Options
    Not as yet just that he is due July and me March are we all still waiting then? It may have been 2017 then , I think it's strange that he has to do a lcwra thing if he's on esa support group indefinite if that is the case, there's no dates on letters he recieves, he's scared to ring them in case to highlight it!!
  • charl1980
    Options
    It was uc advisor told us about this , apparently it's due in July according to his records but if he's still getting esa support group will this happen??
  • charl1980
    Options
    All so confused sorry, scope advisor on phone said uc and esa are different benefits so work lcwra can take place xx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Could you clarify when the UC claim started and is he getting the LCWRA element.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    All so confused sorry, scope advisor on phone said uc and esa are different benefits so work lcwra can take place xx

Yes they are different benefits but Support Group and LCWRA are exactly the same.
    charl1980 said:
    It was uc advisor told us about this , apparently it's due in July according to his records but if he's still getting esa support group will this happen??

Although you both maybe due a review this year it's very unlikely that this will happen because as i advised all reviews are still suspended. When they do start back there will be huge backlogs so it's unlikely there will be a review anytime soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks little price of mind it may not be immediate at least! Can I ask could it be esa have requested the lcwra assessment then?
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks for rreplys appreciate your time xxx
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    …, we have just been told he's up for lcwra assessment,
    When you said the above who did you mean had told you needed an LCWRA assessment. I read it as you meaning DWP but did you mean somebody else.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • charl1980
    Options
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    No dwp xx 
    Could you confirm as I asked earlier whether he is currently get the LCWRA element of UC.
    charl1980 said:
    Thanks little price of mind it may not be immediate at least! Can I ask could it be esa have requested the lcwra assessment then?

• charl1980
    Options
    Yes he gets lcwra and full pip I get lcw and full pip
  • calcotti
    edited February 2023
    Options
    So he is getting LCWRA correctly because he is in ESA Support Group. DWP can reassess and the result will apply to ESA and UC. Like poppy I am surprised that they are starting a review because I thought they were still suspended.
  • charl1980
    Options
    They have not  as yet but uc advisor said due July xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    Were you advised that by a telephone advisor? If so they are call centre staff and most likely looked to see when your referral date is. However, as I advised reviews are suspended. 
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks poppy xx
  • calcotti
    Options
    charl1980 said:
    Said ‘due’ and ‘will be’ doing one now are different things. This is nothing to specifically do with UC. Even if he was only claiming ESA he would still have a review at some point. 
  • charl1980
    Options
    Sorry yes they are I have long covid and sometimes I struggle 
  • JBS2022
    JBS2022 Scope Member Posts: 2,075 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews for UC and ESA are definately still suspended until spring- summer 2024 at the earliest, and with the still gigantic backlogs it's likely to be 2025 onwards. No way you'll be reviewed in July unless it's a Change of Circumstances.
    Life is better in a fishtank  🐟
  • charl1980
    Options
    Thanks love for reply
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.