If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi this is all new to me, (anxiety ridden here) Pip Change of Circumstances in a way?

Options
fibro_bubble26
fibro_bubble26 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there,
i currently claim PIP for my Fibromyalgia, Severe Anxiety and Depression. I also have LCWRA I was only awarded standard rate Living and no Mobility. This was mostly on the basis that because i drove a manual car i had sufficient movement in my legs and arms too change the gear.. i did not think this fair as i barley drove my car at all, but its been far too long now to for a MR. I thought i'd ask a few questions here, actually nervous too post, been looking on here for a while and you guys give some brilliant advice, and its also really nice too not feel like i'm the only one that has these struggles and difficulties in life.

My Fibro has got so much worse, i literally drove my car once a week but now it's been sat so long its moldy inside aha 🙈 i can't do half the things i wish i could, i'm under a pain management team at the hospital, and although being on the max dose of Pregabalin and having loads of things added too it, nothing at all seems to help with my pain, and when its bad, its really darn bad, i no longer do my weekly food shop with my carer, and order online instead. I cannot get a Bluebadge because i don't get mobility and they want proof of my walking abilities?
I am also waiting on a referral for an ADHD (although its going to be a long wait) My question to you guys, or those going through similar is...
1. Fibro f* sucks and i'm so sick of people judging me cause i look normal i'm only 24 and the amount of doctors thats dismiss me because of my age really does upset me, how do you cope with this? (sorry slightly off topic) 
2. Do i need too let PIP know about these changes in circumstances? i was terrible during the phone assessment, i waffle a lot and i am not good with words so i feel i let myself down when filling out the form the first time.
3. Do i need to tell them about the ADHD referral or wait till i am actually seen?

I know this is alot and  appreciate any help so much, my brain has been driving me up the wall, and when i cant talk to people face to face i thought here may be a first option too ask for some help! Thank you x

Comments

• fibro_bubble26
    Options
    Sorry i know its a lot too read guys, i just appreciate the advice cause i'm really struggling on what to do and hearing lots of different things from friends and family that's all, thank you x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    How long is it since your decision was made?

Don’t need to report changes to PIP. If you do report changes they will send you a new health form and you will have a new assessment following which a new decision will be made.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • fibro_bubble26
    edited February 2023
    Options
    calcotti said:
    How long is it since your decision was made?

Don’t need to report changes to PIP. If you do report changes they will send you a new health form and you will have a new assessment following which a new decision will be made.
    I have the decision letter dated 25th April 2022.  
    ahh okay, would this effect my current claim then?
    Also, thank you for your response! x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    fibro_bubble26 said: I have the decision letter dated 25th April 2022.  
    In that you can still do an MR if you wish to (you have up to 13 months). Note however that the MR cannot take into account changes to your health since the date of the decision,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • fibro_bubble26
    Options
    calcotti said:
    fibro_bubble26 said: I have the decision letter dated 25th April 2022.  
    In that you can still do an MR if you wish to (you have up to 13 months). Note however that the MR cannot take into account changes to your health since the date of the decision,
    Oh okay thats good too know thank you, if my condition has got worse though is it better too tell them its considerably worse over the last year. Would i loose what  already had if i did? like will i still get the payments whilst i am reassessed ect?
  • fibro_bubble26
    Options
    I’m just unsure as too how the whole side of it works if that makes sense 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When reporting changes to your conditions once the decision is made you could be refused and your PIP will then stop. It could also be increased or remain the same.

Your existing award will continue until a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.