Hi, I'm mojo838! When do I receive my first LCWRA payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm mojo838! When do I receive my first LCWRA payment?

Options
mojo838
mojo838 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello quick question please if somebody could help me understand I have just been awarded lwrca but I'm just wondering as they have had sick notes for 14 months approximately is it 3 months I have to wait from getting my letter to receiving my first payment really confused.... thanks for any help 

Comments

• mojo838
    Options
    I put my first fit note in in January 2020 just wondering when I should expect the first payment please 
  • Adeline
    Adeline Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    Options
    @mojo838 it's confusing isn't it? And there are so many UC staff that seem to get this wrong and lots of mixed information.
    The LCWRA should be backdated to 3 complete assessment periods after your first fit note (sometimes that's 4 months). This is provided there are no gaps in your fit notes. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    mojo838 said:
    they have had sick notes for 14 months approximately
    That's quite considerably longer than 14 months.
    mojo838 said:
    I put my first fit note in in January 2020
    I will need to know exactly what date you sent your first fit note? and did you continue to send them the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA?
    Also what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mojo838
    Options
    My first fit note that I can see what December poppy123456 said:
    mojo838 said:
    they have had sick notes for 14 months approximately
    That's quite considerably longer than 14 months.
    mojo838 said:
    I put my first fit note in in January 2020
    I will need to know exactly what date you sent your first fit note? and did you continue to send them the whole time without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA?
    Also what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    Hello I put my first sick note in on the 27th July 2021 and I get my uc on the 6th of every month thankyou
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If there were no gaps in your fit notes since you sent your first one in July 2021 then your waiting period will be. July to Oct... LCWRA starts from assessment period Oct/Nov 2021 and first payment will be Dec 6th 2021.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take quite a few weeks to be paid. The above assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mojo838
    Options
    If there were no gaps in your fit notes since you sent your first one in July 2021 then your waiting period will be. July to Oct... LCWRA starts from assessment period Oct/Nov 2021 and first payment will be Dec 6th 2021.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and can often take quite a few weeks to be paid. The above assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    No it's just me on a uc claim so do I wait 3 months from now or shall I get my first payment next month? Sorry its all abit confusing to me 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The extra £354.28 should be included in your next payment. You'll need to check your statement to make sure it's included. Anything owed will be paid separately.

It will be from Dec 2021, providing the information you gave was correct because first you said you reported your first fit note 14 months ago, then you said Jan 2020, then December and then changed it again to July 2021. I can only advise based on the information you give.
  • mojo838
    Options
    The extra £354.28 should be included in your next payment. You'll need to check your statement to make sure it's included. Anything owed will be paid separately.

It will be from Dec 2021, providing the information you gave was correct because first you said you reported your first fit note 14 months ago, then you said Jan 2020, then December and then changed it again to July 2021. I can only advise based on the information you give.
    I didn't realise how far back it actually went to be honest I've just figured out how to get my previous ones up thankyiu for your help 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mojo838 and welcome to our online community. How are you today?

I'm glad to see our community has been able to clarify the LCWRA payment process for you. I hope the arrears will go some way to helping you financially.

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title to reflect your question. Please keep us posted and you know where we are should you have any other questions.

Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.