Phone call received about my Pip payment reward review submission — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call received about my Pip payment reward review submission

Options
Manudxp
Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
Hi, 

I submitted the forms in September 2021 n had a short, 8 minute call from a lovely lady. I was asked if any changes since sending form as was told sometime will be completed and sent on. I'm not sure as I cannot remember. What would be completed n sent on? Also is it standard practice for them to just call up unannounced?
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they ring because they just have a few questions to ask then no you won't be warned before they ring because it's not an assessment.

Manudxp said:
    What would be completed n sent on?

It will depend who rang you. If it was the health assessment providers then they may now have enough of information to write the report and return it to DWP.

If it was the decision maker then they will decide if a decision can be made without sending your file to the health assessment providers. If it can then they will just go ahead and make the decision without the need for a assessment report to be written. If it can't then your file will be sent to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
    Options
    Hi again Poppy,

it turned out it was a case worker and I got enhanced on both for PIP.

I received a letter, 2 letters. The first was to tell me of my awarded PIP and the second, both received today, being a pip payment award review which I need to complete. Great hey.

My question, bearing in mind I submitted my first and previous pip PPAR'w in September 21, is; Should I not get any back pay?

Thank you,

Dave.

poppy123456 said:
    If they ring because they just have a few questions to ask then no you won't be warned before they ring because it's not an assessment.

Manudxp said:
    What would be completed n sent on?

It will depend who rang you. If it was the health assessment providers then they may now have enough of information to write the report and return it to DWP.

If it was the decision maker then they will decide if a decision can be made without sending your file to the health assessment providers. If it can then they will just go ahead and make the decision without the need for a assessment report to be written. If it can't then your file will be sent to the health assessment providers.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.