If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm nat2209! Not received text to say PIP report received?

Options
nat2209
nat2209 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone am new here I applied for pip 14 December 2023 I had my phone assessment on the 13th February 2023 but I have not received any text messages to say they have received report or anything is this normal as I keep seeing people on here that have had a text my anxiety is through the roof thank you 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it is normal. It’s likely your report is in audit which simply means the Assessment Provider is checking the quality of your report, this process may take up to 4 weeks. Once DWP have your report back you should expect a decision within 2-12 weeks.
  • nat2209
    Options
    bg844 thank you so much 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nnat2209 and welcome to our online community, how's your Thursday going?

I can see you've been reassured that not receiving a text update is nothing to worry about. I'm glad you reached out to ask to avoid any unnecessary worry  :)

We wish you all the best for a successful outcome, and in the meantime - I've renamed and moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category to help others find it and respond.

Best wishes and you know where we are if you need any help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • nat2209
    Options
    Hi @Cher_Scope thank you so much 😊
  • Westy088
    Westy088 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    nat2209 said:
    Hi everyone am new here I applied for pip 14 December 2023 I had my phone assessment on the 13th February 2023 but I have not received any text messages to say they have received report or anything is this normal as I keep seeing people on here that have had a text my anxiety is through the roof thank you 
    I think each case seems to be different. I had my assessment Monday just gone via phone and 830am next day I got a text to say the dwp had received the assessment and I had to allow upto 8 weeks for a decision.
    however, I know people who haven’t had a text at all or have had it two weeks later, so I wouldn’t worry at all.

• nat2209
    Options
    Hi everyone hope everyone is well just an update I applied for pip the 14th December had phone easement the 13th February waited exactly 2 weeks from easement for dwp to receive the report got text yesterday at 8.16am saying we have received report and got a text this morning at 8.10am saying this We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change. just what to say a big thank you to everyone who helped calm my nerves am so thankful it’s over through the whole process I did think positive I never once thought I will not get it I hope this helps and I hope everyone waiting receives good news xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,604 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@nat2209

Oh that’s great news, be a big relief for you.
    Now you can relax today knowing it’s all finished.

Take care ❤️
  • nat2209
    Options
    @Lou67 thank you 😊 it really is a relief so happy it’s over with x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @nat2209 That's great news! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.